Judges & Judging Processes
The Lean Business Ireland (LBI) Awards are judged by a select panel of experienced industry practitioners and academic and subject matter experts who follow LBI’s standard work adjudication process to enable independent, objective, consistent, and rigorous evaluation of all award entrant submissions.
Click Here to view this year’s Awards Judges.
LBI places paramount importance on fair and balanced assessment and judging to ensure that the winning entries are truly outstanding and worthy of receiving an LBI Award. The integrity of this process lies at the heart of the LBI Awards.
Additionally, LBI recognises and respects the potentially sensitive nature of some of the information submitted by entrants and affirms that submissions are not disclosed, discussed, reproduced, nor shared with any third parties, nor do Judges discuss same with one another as part of the judging process. Submissions are securely stored by the Awards Coordination Team for a period of one year from the closing date for submissions, after which they are destroyed.
Judges & Judging Process:
- Judges are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement.
- Judges are assigned to specific categories and they assess category entries based on the respective category rubrics.
- Judges shall be recused from adjudicating a particular award entry and/or category when, for example, a Judge’s own organisation submits an entry, or where a Judge or LBI otherwise deem there is a potential conflict of interest.
- After the closing date for submissions, all entries are sent separately to the assigned category Judges.
- Judges assess each entry individually and do not engage with one another to discuss assessment, scoring, or category winners.
- Judges’ scores are collected and collated by the Awards Coordination Team, which is separate and independent of the Judges and Lean Business Ireland Steering Committee.
- Judges’ scores are double-checked and verified by the Judging Coordinator who is lead of the Awards Coordination Team.
- The highest aggregate scoring entrant in each category is declared the Award winner for that particular category.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence, telephone, email or communication of any kind will be entered into in relation to decisions reached.
- The Award winners are announced on the night of the LBI Awards Ceremony.