1 Award to an individual
Research Award for the Best Contribution to Lean/Operational Excellence Body of Work
This award is open to individuals who have contributed to the research and conclusion drawn about the impact of lean in Ireland.
The judges will be looking for the following types of papers:
- Empirical papers that report original research work with the objective of demonstrating enterprise excellence approaches in action. These can take the form of Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement initiatives, Cultural changes and Organisational alignment, etc.
- Interventionist papers that report original research work with the objective of improvements in enterprise performance.
- Conceptual and critical review papers that either seek to define a research issue and propose a theoretical exposition/explanation capable of empirical testing (e.g., theoretical papers), or draw upon or synthesize existing knowledge to define what is currently known about a topic or issue (e.g., literature review papers, methodological papers) .
Entry should be made by paper submission, paying particular attention to the following:
- Research & theoretical/practical framing
- Research context, methodology and analysis
- Discussion & conclusion
- Organisational & social Impact
Tips for Entering
- All activities cited must be within the past 14 months
- Ensure your submission fits onto no more than 5 A4 pages in portrait PDF format
- Answer each of the key criteria points, back up answers with pictures, graphs etc.
- the projects that support their entry must have taken place in Ireland
You will need the following to complete your entry:
- A 100 word summary of your entry
- 2 high resolution landscape photos (300 dpi) relevant to your entry
- A jpeg version of your organisation’s logo
- Name of the person who will accept the trophy